Monday 23 July 2012

Bournstream

Today we were invited to a barbecue at Auntie Lucy and Uncle Craig s house.  It was just with their family, which was nice.

We all had a lovely time and I was so busy having fun that I didn't take any pictures or videos.

We got home in time to give the boys a good scrub.


I also had a little surprise ready for Oscar.  I had put his pillow and duvet in his bed.  He usually sleeps in just a sleeping bag so he moves around, up and down and still stays warm.  I don't know why I decided to do it now but I was hoping he would be used to it before the winter comes so that he stays still and I can stuck him in.



He seemed to get it to start with.  He wasn't upset about it and time will tell if it works.




I love plugging the camera into the PC and finding pictures on there that I didn't know were taken.


Bless him!


For one of our outings out in the summer holidays, we went to a place called Bournstream.  It is a lovely, safe place for children with special needs to play, and hopefully let their parents relax a little.  

My best friend, Lucy's daughter  Shauna is autistic and the park allows Shauna to pretty much wander off, in a gated area, to play and explore and to just have fun.  Lucy invited a few of us along to join her and the kids absolutely loved it!  We stayed for hours and I promised I would take them back soon.

I found out that Oscar gets hay fever.  The grass had just been cut, and within 2 minutes of wandering around, his eyes were puffy and his nose was running.  He spent a lot of time sat in the buggy or the swing and I let him in the water for a bit too to see if that would help (not sure how it would though).

Here are all the pictures and videos from our time there.

































We got home, sandy, wet, tired, hot, hungry and thirsty but had to have a quick turn around to go back out for Ellis' swimming lesson.  I could have, and probably should have missed it but when I've paid for things in advance, I always try and get there and I've only once not gone to something because I couldn't be bothered and that was Leo's gym class a couple of weeks ago.

I was in such a rush to get to his swimming lesson that I didn't realise that I had left half an hour early!

Tilly was at the pool with Ethan swimming and Noah running around, so I took Noah to the park and she put Ellis in the pool and got Ethan out, if that makes sense.

I watched Ellis swimming today and he did 5 metres on his front doing the proper breathing to the side! It was great to see and hopefully now he will be able to go further.

He got his Stage 2 badge which he was really pleased with and wanted to go home and show Daddy.

Ellis went to bed really well as he was totally shattered but Leo had had a late nap in the car on our way back from Bournstream so it took him a while to settle.

Really enjoyed our day out and I can't wait to go back again, with some Piriton for Oscar so he can have a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails