Saturday 21 July 2012

Practice Run

Ellis had finished school for the summer holidays so he came with us for a change to watch Leo do his swimming lesson.  It was nice that it was Leo in the pool and Ellis having to sit and watch.  Usually Leo and Oscar do all the sitting around.

After, we popped into Tesco to pick up a few bits.  I got some flags and bracelets for our trip to the Olympics!  Really looking forward to it.

The boys had a go on a ride, all at the same time, it was so cute!






We popped to the camping shop to buy a few more things.  I got Ellis a nice sleeping bag and I bought a kettle for going on the burner.

Rob took Ellis to football and I bathed the younger boys.


Ellis won the trophy!  He was so chuffed, as was I!  He happily posed for some pictures with it and then put it on his shelf in his bedroom.


Look what Oscar did!  From this point on, there will be no pens in the living room, kitchen only! He drew over everything! The TV, the TV unit, the rugs, the floors, the back of my office chair, the sofas and cushions.  You would think I left him alone for an hour or something but I honestly was only gone for 2 minutes!


Leo went to preschool and as soon as Oscar went down for his nap, Ellis helped me to set up the beds in the tent, ready for our practice run the following night.  We had some lovely time together and I videoed him chatting about the tent.  I'm not sure if the video will work on here or not, but I'll post it anyway.





It's getting exciting now.  I'm really hoping it won't be raining.  We have had so much rain recently.

I met up with Mummy friends from Ellis' class in the evening and got very drunk, ate lots of food and had a jolly good laugh.  Lovely end to the day.

The following day Rob got up early with the boys but then got me up at 9:10am and went back to bed for another 3 1/2 hours!

I played with the boys and we got some stuff ready in the tent, duvets, pee pot etc. and it was good for them to play in it for a bit to get used to it.

Once Rob was up and lunch was consumed, we thought it would be a nice idea to spend as long as possible down the park, trying to tire out the boys so that hopefully they would sleep well in the tent.




We took the frisbees down with us too, which really made them run around, and us too.









We had some visitors, who helped us to keep the boys running and running!











I got Dad to take some group pictures and this is what we got.







On the way home, we stopped in the shop to buy ice-creams.  You would think it would be easy but my Dad ended up giving away 2 of his to the boys who couldn't decide what they actually wanted!

Rather than go straight home with sticky lollies, we sat on a wall and relaxed in the sun and Mum took some pictures.



We played in the tent for a while longer, letting Oscar sit in his bed etc and the other two jumped around for a bit and then we had dinner before giving them all a lovely bath.

I knew they would be excited and wouldn't go to sleep straight away, plus all 3 being so close together meant they could hit each other with their rabbits, which went on for a while.  I didn't stay in there to start with, I left the window open so I could hear them from inside, and I was able to shout out the window to tell them off.

By around 9pm they were all asleep and I joined them to sit reading on my iPad but soon found that it was absolutely freezing! So I text Rob to bring some extra stuff out.  Then I text him again to bring more stuff out!

Then, Leo wet the bed! There was loads of it!  I called Rob in to help, with wipes, towels, new pyjamas etc and we eventually sorted it all out and got him snuggled back in bed.  Luckily Rabbit escaped getting wet.  He also did his first ever standing up wee in the pot! He must have drank gallons when we got home from the park.



Then Ellis woke needing a wee too which he did fine in the pot and went back to sleep straight away.

Rob came in at about 12:30am with more pillows and he slept really well, finding the blow up bed comfier than our own mattress!  I on the other hand hardly slept, I kept checking the kids temperatures, there was a police helicopter hovering near by, animals, traffic, and a bit of rain.

The boys did well too.  Ellis and Leo were up at 6:30am which was quite normal and Oscar then slept in until 8:45am!

It was well worth doing the practice run.  We learnt lots of things, and it was great for the boys to see what it's going to be like.  I think overall it went really well.

There were a couple of small leaks but nothing major, and I was surprised by how damp it all was in the morning.  I just really hope it doesn't rain at the music festival.  Not long until we find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails